Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Income/expense May 2018

As in April I got sizable dividend in May as well.

Expenses: 11 100 SEK
Income:  32 300 SEK
Savings rate: 65,53 %
Dividend/Expense rate: 19,83 %

I've been making some projections based on my lowest, median, average and maximum expenses with a couple of different safe withdrawal rate (3.5 % to 4.5 %) and I've come up with a range of savings I need in order to be able to not work any more. The range is 2 300 000 SEK to 11 000 000 SEK. The numbers come from lowest expenses and highest withdrawal rate and the highest  expenses and lowest withdrawal rate. The range for median and average is probably more realistic 3 100 000 SEK to 5 100 000 SEK.

I haven't really written about my net worth here before, basically because I've no good way of presenting it. I'm working on it. At the moment I've got about 1 700 000 SEK invested about half of which in retirement accounts that I cannot access before I turn 55 (about twenty years). By just assuming that the value of my portfolio will be constant it will take about five years of contribution to reach that point.

A summary of my savings rate can be found via this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment