Monday, April 24, 2017

Portfolio rules

I like to create a portfolio that has low risk over the long run and have set up some fairly arbitrary rules. I'm not a fund manager so rule is maybe a bit too strong, but guideline doesn't sound as cool.
  1. No single stock/fund shall make up more than 10 % of the portfolio.
  2. No single stock shall make up more than 10 % of the total dividend.
  3. No single sector shall make up more than 20 % of the portfolio.
  4. No single region shall make up more than 50 % of the portfolio.
With region I mean North America, the Nordic countries, the rest of Europe and Global. I know the world is bigger, but currently those are the markets that I have a possibility to invest in with a manageable brokerage. At the moment I have easy access the stock market in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the United states of America and Canada. I hope to get cheap access till more of Europe surfing this year.

These rules är not very strict. I will not sell stocks just because some sector have increased in value but they will guide new purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment